What to Ask When Touring Senior Living Communities
When you plan to tour a senior living community, you want the most out of the experience. A senior living professional will show you around the community, but all of the inquiries you have may not be answered unless you ask them. You might be asking yourself, “what do I need to ask to ensure I get the most information?”
Bring a List of Questions
For the most informative experience, prepare questions regarding living, the staff, activities, healthcare, nutrition, and anything else that is important for your decision-making process.
If you are unsure what to ask, you can start with the list of 13 questions below. Ask any questions that are not already answered for you. Asking the right questions will help you make the best decision for your loved one.
1. What are the different room options?
2. Are there private rooms available?
3. Is internet access provided?
4. Are pets allowed?
5. What is the staff-to-resident ratio?
6. What is the community’s policy on reporting suspected abuse?
7. Does the community have any history of elderly abuse?
8. Do all employees undergo background checks?
9. What kinds of activities are planned?
10. How often do residents get to participate in activities?
Healthcare & Nutrition
11. What types of care options does your community offer?
12. Do residents receive 24/7 care?
13. What is the meal schedule?
When considering moving a family member into a senior care facility, there are many factors to consider and a lot of information to take into account when making your final decision. At Royal Oak Nursing Center, we encourage caregivers to take a tour of our facility in order to see our personal approach to senior care. Contact us today to schedule a tour with us!